CBD is primarily consumed by humans, but can it also offer health benefits to your fur-baby? Yes! Read on to learn all about the uses and pawsitive effects of giving CBD to your pets.
All Things Woof and Meow, a family-owned pet store located in Roselle, IL, is passionate about pets’ well-being. On their website, they list the following potential uses and benefits of CBD for pets:
- Treating skin conditions
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Supporting skeletal health and healing
- Promoting a healthy blood sugar balance
- Treating or minimizing seizures and epilepsy
- Behavior modification, anxiety management
- Improved circulation of blood and oxygen to vital organs
- Prevention and treatment of degenerative neurological disease
- Supporting cancer treatment and improving the quality of life
- Reducing motion sickness, nausea, and vomiting
- Helping with a suppressed appetite
- Healing and improved well-being
How to Give CBD to Your Pet
An infographic from Top Dog Tips offers an excellent visual for understanding CBD, how to choose CBD products, ways it can help your pet, how to administer CBD to your pet, and any potential side effects.
Pet owners may administer CBD to their pet via pills, liquid, or treats. Dosage is important, so depending on the size of your animal, please do your own research to determine the correct amount to give.
While side effects from a safe dosage of CBD are extremely rare and mild, the potential side effects include:
- excessive itching
Give Herbal Pet a Try
Is your interest piqued about how CBD can help your pet but unsure of a reputable brand to try? Herbal Pet delivers the highest quality cannabinoid-based products for cats and dogs. Their products are safe, natural, and veterinarian-recommended. They offer chews and tinctures specific to animal size and come in a variety of flavors that are sure to tantalize the taste buds of your dog or cat – think chicken, peanut butter, apple, and beef.
Help your dog or cat “pawspurr” with the highest-quality CBD products for your pet today!
Subscribe to receive our newsletter and exclusive subscriber promotions.